Fabrication, Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection, Inspector, CWI, NACE, QA/QC
- The Fabrication Quality Control Inspector ensures that structural and process piping fabrication conforms to all Danos, contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Comply to Danos safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all fabricated parts, subassemblies and finished product meet all Danos, contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Create Quality Control plans for each job, detailing specific process control parameters that will be verified and documented before, during and after fabrication.
- Ensure effective corrective action to eliminate nonconformances from purchased and fabricated products.
- Comply with the Control of Nonconforming Product procedure.
- Maintains applicable quality records which provide evidence of compliance to requirements.
- Compliance to applicable ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
- Provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- All other duties assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Associate Degree in a technical field is preferred
- Welding Inspector, NDT, and NACE certifications are preferred.
- ASQ Quality Inspector certification preferred.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of applicable ANSI, ASNT, ASTM, ASME, AWS, NACE, API, and SSPC industry codes.
- Working knowledge and use of applicable gages, measuring instruments and calibration.
- General knowledge of steel fabrication practices.
- Computer literate (email, MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 lbs.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Self managed, requiring little supervision.